Login to complete your application
CAE Application Checklist
- Step 1: I intend to sit for the CAE exam within 12 months. (Note: Your application fee includes the cost to take the examination at an established site once within the next 12 months. Subsequent examinations and professional testing centers are subject to additional testing fees.)
- Step 2: Applicant Information. I have completed all applicant information and noted where I would like mailed CAE correspondence sent.
- Step 3: Higher Academic Education. I have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher learning or have submitted professional work equivalence to fulfill program requirements.
- Step 4: Qualifying Employment Experience. I have been employed within the past five years by a qualifying nonprofit organization—a trade association, professional society, individual membership organization, philanthropic organization, tribal organization—or association management company and have completed the years of qualifying professional experience to fulfill program requirements, or I meet the in lieu of requirements.
- Step 5: Professional Development Activities. I have completed at least 100 hours of qualifying association management professional development within the past five years in fulfillment of program requirements.
- Step 6: Standards of Conduct, Disclosure, and Attestations. I have pledged to uphold the ASAE Standards of Conduct, disclosed any felony convictions, and signed to indicate my acceptance of the Application Attestation. I understand that the program policies and the Candidate Handbook are available at www.asaecenter.org/programs/cae-certification.
- Step 7: Payment. I have included payment information with this application.